Monday 28 November 2011

How Google takes advantage of its small customers

This is a great global brand, known, recognized, incontestable. How to think she could afford to fool customers to glean a few hundred dollars? This brand is called Google, nothing less. And it abuses its reputation and legal formalism to charge for services not ordered.

Commercial agent, I wanted to reach new customers by local advertising on the Internet. I called Google France (or what I thought Google France) using the number declined officially to the site search engine. I asked how the service works and what it cost to put the site forward for Google Adwords.


Correspondent Google - Abdel Elamrani - responds very clearly that the cost per click could rise to a maximum of 1.50 euro, it was possible to determine a geographical area (we agreed to publish the advertisements to users of a number of cities in Seine-et-Marne) and an upper limit of clicks per day to limit the bill at a reasonable price: 50 clicks maximum. Above all, I did well to Mr. Elamrani clarify that my commitment was valid for 7 days maximum, or at most 525 euros, even if advised me to take a period of 3 to 4 weeks. "No problem, it will be only for a week," admitted Mr. Elamrani then, getting to be able to remember after the trial period to see if I was satisfied, and if I wanted to extend this commercial action . Deal, we provided the information he needed and, under his dictation, filled ourselves a form on the screen (in speed, because the man was pressed) and ending with the coordinates of the credit card because he says there is "no other means of settlement possible in Google."

A week later, nothing. Mr. Elamrani do not remember and no invoice is sent to me. So what was my amazement when, from November 10 in the morning, take a look on my credit card credit card business, I realized that Google had taken 2,402 euros instead of 525! So I immediately called the number that Mr. Elamrani had given me. He said he did not understand, he would see his direction and he would remind me, what did not.

To 17 hours, I recall Mr. Elamrani and explains that his leadership had told him he could do nothing and that it was for me to take care of everything, because the additional levies were the fact that I had not asked to stop my campaign. I reminded him that he had never been any question of an open action, but action bounded in time, up to 7 days for a maximum of 525 euros, which I had trusted to mount this action because I knew nothing, that I 'was in front of Google France and not a small company may appear questionable or suspect. And finally, he pledged to remember the end of this week.

He said he could not remember because he was on holiday. He also told me that his leadership would not correct this error. I asked to speak to said direction, he refused, I asked the name of his leadership, he gave me a name "Anya," said he did not know his name, not could give me his phone could not do anything for me and could not stay longer with me because he had other customers to deal with. Then he hung up.

The only way to stop these samples was, on the advice of our bank, to object to our card. Fortunately we have followed this advice, because two days later, Google has attempted to collect additional € 521.77.

I am surprised that a company as well known as Google can act in this way. I filed a complaint with the court in Paris, made contact with consumer associations, newspapers, radios, TV shows, I sent a letter to Google Europe, in Dublin, as well as a Google World I was shocked and stunned by such methods!

This system puts a huge screen between the client and the directions of Google, in refusing to give up the phone and the email addresses of their officers as secretaries. Worse, Google France, located on Avenue de l'Opera in Paris, offers only a phantom number that nobody answers. I also sent a registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt, so far remained unanswered.

Be careful, because their technical sales "funnel" is to get as much money to "small customers" taking advantage of their ignorance of Google Adwords and credulity against the well-known name, and therefore reassuring to Google. The most surprising is that the Google headquarters in California to let this kind of practice to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment